free website stats program 05 harley chopper starting problems | Harley Davidson Forums

05 harley chopper starting problems

andrewb648

so i tried starting it yesterday and i know i have the juice for it because its hooked up to a battery charger while im attempting to start it i took the switch out and tested the connection im getting twelve volts on one side and 10.7 on the other when the starter is supposed to be engaging. and when the switch is supposed to start it just clicks. i ran a hot wire to the starter and the motor turned over. if i run a wire directly from the switch to the starter on the hot side it still just clicks. any help is greatly appreciated!

You could jump the in and the out on the switch and see if that starts it otherwise it could be the starter relay, again a jump here will verify using the proper terminals (30/51 to 87) which effectively eliminates the relay.

StarterRelay.jpg

so where is the starter relay on an o5 harley independence custom chopper? anyone know? i really appreciate the help!

well i found 1 relay under the seat in the box only one though could this be the relay im looking for and would there only be one relay on the bike?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back