free website stats program 05 fatboy rear tire alignment | Harley Davidson Forums

05 fatboy rear tire alignment

Firehog

My 05 fatboys rear tire is offset to the left within the rear fender and struts. The dealer tells me this is normal for my bike but I have not seen it on others. There is a 3/4" gap on the right side and a 1/4" gap on the left. I have checked everything and nothing appears bent. It has been this way since new and it does not rub the fenders or anything else. Not a problems, just want to see if it is normal.

Normal? I don't know about that but very few of the bikes have the wheel centered in the frame. Quite often you will find the problem in the frame horns (under the fender struts) that support the fender. If they are off then everything looks to be off.

Normal no it shouldn't be my swing arm has shifted over to one side touching the frame on my 2009 softail? I noticed this after coming back from a trip, I also noticed my rear fender was never centered when I purchased the bike, always a little more to the right.

I thought you were referring to the centering of the wheel in the frame, not the swingarm....that should be fairly centered on all bikes.

Back