free website stats program 05 1200R - Idling Problem | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

05 1200R - Idling Problem

Nikko,
If you have a smart phone there are apps that can give you rpm readings by listening to the exhaust noise... You tell it how many cylinders you have running and it gives you the rpm.

They can be a bit finicky as to how far you need to place the phone for the correct volume etc, but do work. They are also free... At least for Android phones.

Wow, thats cool! Do you happen to know the name of any good ones? I have a Samsung Galaxy S-3 Android device. Also, I have the stock HD carb.

Just do a search in the play store for tachometer.. First one for me was acoustic tachometer..
Some phones work better than others... In other words some have higher quality noise canceling ability and don't work as well as cheaper phones.. Lol

Just do a search in the play store for tachometer.. First one for me was acoustic tachometer..
Some phones work better than others... In other words some have higher quality noise canceling ability and don't work as well as cheaper phones.. Lol

I did just that and i also came across the acoustic tach. However, after install, when I tried it, it was giving me readings over 5k rpm's lol. I was like, "well thats not accurate" lol. Still trying to find a good one. I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 which is a newer and one of the better smartphones available.

Back