free website stats program 05 1200C Chokes and Dies When Hot | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

05 1200C Chokes and Dies When Hot

Relooking at the instruction sheet from DJ they just provide the main jet, I used their 175 jet. The needle, and the emulsion tube.

Like I said I am not a wrench, but I do not recall, nor was a different "low speed jet" in the kit. So I am assuming the original low speed jet is still in there.

Like Hobbit said there were a several main jets provided. I used the 175 based on the other work I did on the bike.

The low jet is what gives drivability issues when combined with a replacement of the high speed jet. They have to work together to give a smooth transition from the low to the high as you accelerate or you get erratic running.

More than likely you have a 42 low jet and the transition would be from lean at low speeds to richer than stock at the transition point which would provide unfavorable results.

It appears that the DJ kits do not have the low speed jets any more.

Dynojet Jet Kits - Offering Motorcycle Jet Kits ATV Jet Kits

Another reason not to use them :D

tn317s3.jpg

This is from an older DJ kit...

tn316s3.jpg

Last edited:
I got my jets from Dennis Kirk only 2.99 each

pilot 46 pt# H17-205

main 175 pt# H17-207
180 H17-209
185 H17-238

So sounds like recommendation is to:
- do rebuild kit on stock hd cv carb
- replace drilled vaccum piston with new slide & keep it stock
- rejet carb with 175 main and 46 slow jets

Is this a good jet combination with the SE airbox and SE II mufflers?

Checked the local BX (on a military base) and only found Gumout and Gunk dump in the gas type carb cleaning fluids - any recommendations between the two? No Seafoam or Fortron...

Not seeing much junk in the throat so thinking spray type cleaner is not really needed.

Also not a 5HD (HDI) bike - straight US spec bike. Make any difference on the jet recommendation?

Back