free website stats program 04 roadking | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

04 roadking

Don't mean to break in here but I seem to remember going through this talk with my lead tech one time. They had the bleed test in the manuals untill 03 then I did not see it any more and I wonder if they changed something that year that might change the readings? I've noticed TQ is really good with electrical and probably forgot more then I will ever know, but before you disconnect everything did you do the AC output test at the stator pins, it just takes a minute and the readings should be as TQ quoted earlier. Not bucking the system here but in the last ten years I've only replaced one bad vr in tc's and that one was under a product campaign, it could be the vr, just trying to save you a trip to the dealership if possable.

yes chopper i get the the right ac volts.one of my friends hooked me up with a hd tech and he said you cant do a bleed down test on my bike,he thinks i dont have a good ground some where.i am going to take all the connections loose sat and check every thing again.the screwed part is the bike was at the dyno tuners getting a new map done with a master tune when this happen.kinda makes me want to go kick kittens now lol
thanks for the reply guys

Sounds like your going in the right direction, if you go through every thing and everthing checks out good don't forget the stator can be deceiving when tested, I've seen them test ok with the a/c meter then when you hook it back up it will drop back down or even quit outputting. Good luck

problem solved,comp nut was loose and the rotor was spun.i had a friend come over sat and recheck everything i was doing . he rode the bike got it good and hot and we rechecked everything and all was in spec,pulled the primary and bam loose nut.now i need to get a new rotor,the rotor is stamped high output on the front and is stencled 38 amp on the side so im going to look into that.
thanks for all the help guys

Back