free website stats program 04 road glide dtc codes | Harley Davidson Forums

04 road glide dtc codes

fatboyjdb

I have a 04 road glide with the 1550 kit and power tuner,recently check engine light came on. checked for codes and these came up

Po261-front injector open/low efi
Po263-rear injector open/low efi
Po1353-front cylinder no combustion efi
Po1357-intermittent secondary front efi

Any help what these mean,what caused them, and a fix? Thanks fatboyjdb

I would write down the codes. Clear them out. See if the P0261 & P0263 codes come back quickly. If they do I would look at the system relay being intermittent or bad.

If the 1st code(s) that log are not P0261, P0263, re-post what does hit first in the error log.

cleared the codes and rode to work.only code that shows up now is the p1353- front cylinder no combustion efi.thanks jim

For less than $10 you can replace the system relay (not start relay) and bypass a bunch of troubleshooting. I would replace it with a new Genuine. Clear code(s) and see what re-appears. If codes come back we can get more in-depth.

Need to know:
The bike runs ok? No issues other than logging codes. If it was not for the fact your logging codes, you would not know anything is wrong?

What is a "power tuner". More detail on brand. Is it Only an injector pulse stretcher?

The bike runs rough like it is missing at low rpm's.It is a dyna jet power commander. I think for adjusting fuel air mixture, don't know for sure though.Is that the part name I would ask for? a system relay? Thanks

Just want to make sure. Pull off your fuse cover. Do you see a pair of plug-able relays, 1 Gray and 1 Black?

Going by what I have on my bike which is several years younger. Are you working with a service manual?

No, but there is a relay labeled -system relay along with 3 fuses.This must be it. Not using a manual just this forum.could it be the plugs?

Not using a manual just this forum.could it be the plugs?

It could be but if the plugs were bad it would not explain the P0261 & P0263 codes that previously were logged. The single 1 thing that is in common with ALL 4 codes is the power supply feeding them. That power supply comes from ONE source which is the system relay. That system relay supplies power to the coil pack and both injectors (at least it does on my 2009 bike). If the ECM sensed an interruption of power to the coils or injectors, those 4 codes would be the first codes that would post. The likely-hood of having 2 bad injectors along with a bad coil or set of plugs is very remote. The power that feeds all three has a better chance at being the culprit.

I can give you some detail on how to test the relay but for the cost of 1 relay, it is not worth the effort.
The thing to remember is the power source that FEEDS the relay can also be flaky but we will worry about that after you change the relay.

If I had the service manual for your exact year and model bike I could be more accurate and sure as to what it may be. I am taking a chance and going by my current manual which may or may not be the same. So mistakes can happen.

Back