free website stats program 04 Heritage Rear Tire | Harley Davidson Forums

04 Heritage Rear Tire

kzoo

Banned
So I will be needing a new rear tire soon. Went to the local well respected indy, and he quoted me about $200 for the dunlop 150/80/71H and about another $90 for installation and misc (tube etc.) That included removing and replacing on the bike, spin balance etc...

I thought that sounded close to what a dealer would charge! Any thoughts?

So I will be needing a new rear tire soon. Went to the local well respected indy, and he quoted me about $200 for the dunlop 150/80/71H and about another $90 for installation and misc (tube etc.) That included removing and replacing on the bike, spin balance etc...

I thought that sounded close to what a dealer would charge! Any thoughts?

Seems high. What tire is that, the D404, the D401, or something else?

TQ

If you don't mind gettin a little dirty you could save $60/$80 by taking the tire off you're self and carry it to dealer to have them mount and balance it and then put it back on you're self. If I remember right the last time I replaced mine it was $150/$160 for the tire plus extra for tube and rim strip but I think total lay out was around $230/$240 with me removing and installing tire, and on a Heritage it's not that big a deal.

That is for the stock 401

I buy my tires from the Motorcycle Superstore. I check out pricing online, and then call them to order. The CSR will put me on hold while the warehouse checks the manufacture date of the tires they have to send me. I do not accept a tire with a manufacture date older than a year from when I receive it. I take the wheels off the bike and carry them and the new tires to a metric indy for mounting and balance: $35/wheel.

MSS currently have D401 150/80x16 71H for $131.99. Did not price the jewelry.

TQ

Back