free website stats program 03 Ultra starter relay number | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

03 Ultra starter relay number

It really should say it on the package. It is a negative for the manufacture to build the relay with an internal diode. Once the relay has this diode, it now has polarity that must be followed. Having a diode now limits the ways it can be hooked up. So the internal diode stops the relay from being "universal" and limits it uses for the "experimenter".

You can use a Fluke meter and get an idea of what is inside. But it's best to see it on the package.

Your sure that this relay is your problem to start with? You don't read battery voltage on the starter solenoid green wire when you push the crank button on the bars? The TSM is enabled and does attempt to pick the starter relay?

Just saying because a lot of other things can make a good relay look bad.

Hoople, Thanks for that info. Seems you are one of the few that understands that relay coil diode purpose. I had to put a standard relay in my 2000 1200 custom to get it home so only had to start it once that way. Hopefully didn't do any damage. It ran fine. I'll be putting the diode type back in shortly even though I don't have TSSM I'm sure I've got an ECM :s

Back