free website stats program 03 Ultra starter relay number | Harley Davidson Forums

03 Ultra starter relay number

Ronnie's Harley-Davidson's 2003 Harley Davidson Street Bike FLHTCUI ULTRA CLASSIC ELECTRA GLIDE® (INJECTION) (FC) Parts List

Check the items you want and right before checkout they will post the part numbers of the items selected.
WAP.gif

I want a auto parts store part number.Would save me a 100 mi trip or wait 5 days. Most of the parts people dont know how to find anything if it isnt listed on the computer.If I have a number it would make it easier.I can remeber seeing guys in parts places that would know exactly what you had or could find it real quick.Not any more.It has to be on the screen.

I usually tell them I want a 5 pin fan or horn relay.They just take me to Isle where they are hanging and I get the one I want. Don't know a part #.
tourbox

I think a 12v relay is a 12v relay as long as the pin # ( pin # means each pin has a number by it, ie, 80/85/86/30) and pattern is the same.
Auto parts horn relays are about $6, worth a try.

Harley says it has a diode and is 15 amp.I am just trying to make it easy so I dont have to tell the parts guy where to go.Most of these auto parts guys dont know dit and if they cant look up what it fits they have no idea what to do.I have had guys that you could show them the part and they still cant find you a part.Relays are really bad trying to find one without knowing what it fits.

Not trying to confuse the issue but,

Go to the J&P catalog link below. Enter page 250. (Actual page in catalog shown will be 248) At the bottom of the page you will see item 380-777.
It says Starter relay with diode.

The diode is the key. Whatever relay you choose to use is fine as long as it has the diode. Most relays don't come with a diode. The diode is needed to clamp the PIV voltage that is generate by the relay itself when the relay releases. Since this relay is activated (or picked) by the TSSM (which is a solid state device) it is important to have the internal diode.

A diode is not needed on pre-ECM/TSSM bikes.

J Catalog

Back