free website stats program 03 Sporty 1200C | Harley Davidson Forums

03 Sporty 1200C

mike1965

Hello everyone. New to the harley world. I purchased A 03 sporty 1200C at the end of last season. Spent the winter getting ready for now. You can see a check engine picture it has never illuminated under any condition. The bike runs other lamps on the dash work. Is it supposed to work or all the spedos just manufacted that way ? Thanks

Hello everyone. New to the harley world. I purchased A 03 sporty 1200C at the end of last season. Spent the winter getting ready for now. You can see a check engine picture it has never illuminated under any condition. The bike runs other lamps on the dash work. Is it supposed to work or all the spedos just manufacted that way ? Thanks

Welcome to The Forum, if your engine light is staying on you have a code stored have a look here Harley Codes - Fuel Moto

You may have read my post incorrectly. The light doesnt and never comes on. The answer I am looking for is this was it uesd on my model bike or is all the spedos just manufacted that way ?

Question for the masses. If it is a carb. bike would the CEL even come on? IMO it wouldn't,please correct me if I'm wrong.
tourbox

TourBox, According to the service manual, a carb 1200S has a CEL and it does come on when a code is stored. But it has a pretty limited number of possible codes. Take a look at the attachment. Diags are for the ignition control module.
I assume the speedo is the same for a 1200C. But the light just never comes on.

Attachments

• 1200S_diags#1.pdf
    144 KB · Views: 2
  • 1200S_schematic.pdf
    77.5 KB · Views: 2
Thanks Hoople, that answers my question. It did say it should on as normal when the key is turned on.
I saved the PDF in my Diag. file.
tourbox

Back