03 RKC codes

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Amish Hawg, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Amish Hawg

Amish Hawg Active Member Contributor

I know there is a thread on here to check the 03's codes on here. If not mistaken, it's a little different than others.

I was getting a check engine light and my battery was shot. So I changed the battery. While riding yesterday, I looked down and there it was again. It stayed on. I pulled in, shut her down and now its gone. Of course I get the quick flags telling me I have codes stored.

My question- can an Indy check codes? I despise going to dealers.

I'll try checking, but time, travel and not trusting myself, I'd rather make sure I'm chasing the right gremlins. Note- she's running like a dream

2. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Tourbox has you covered

Things You'll Need

Small length of wire
    Pair of female spade clips
    Wire stripper tool
    Service manual

Creating a Diagnostic Jumper Wire

Cut a short 3-inch piece of wire.

Strip both ends of the wire with wire stripper tool.

Attach a female spade clip to each end of the wire and crimp with a wire stripper tool.
    Delphi ECM Testing (2000 - 2003 models)

Remove the right side cover to access the data link connector.

Remove the protective plug from the data link connector.

Connect your jumper wire to the first and second terminal on the data link connector.

Turn the ignition switch on and wait for 10 seconds. The light will turn on for 4 seconds, then off for 6 seconds. After this 6 second interval, any stored trouble codes will appear as sequential flashes.

Count the number of times the lamp flashes; this is the first code. The code will repeat three times before playing the next code, if any, after a 3 second pause.

Record the codes and refer to your service manual for possible faults or conditions.

Turn off the ignition switch and remove the jumper wire.

Replace the right side cover.

4. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

One female spade works for jumping the connector terminals. The spade fits right over both terminals perfectly with out crimping or wire.....:s

5. Amish Hawg

Amish Hawg Active Member Contributor

I'll give her a shot when I get back to Texas soon. I'll keep you posted as to the success level.

Thanks Ya'll

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member