free website stats program 03 lowrider loss of all power | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

03 lowrider loss of all power

Please tell us something about your bike like modifications made immediately prior to this problem developing. Also whether your bike has a circuit breaker (cb) or a maxi fuse. I suspect it is a cb, and this is a classic problem of the cb intermittently failing. In addition, many of the bigger bikes had undersized cbs when they came out so that Harley had a recall to install a larger cb (from 40a to 50a I think).

If your bike is equipped with a cb, I suggest replacing it with the next size up (so from 40a to 50a). This is a simple fix if it works.

Let us know if that helps.

Cheers,

TQ

Check your main fuse is it getting hot when bike shuts down?

Possible coil going bad too. That was my issue a while back. No matter what, checking the codes is the A#1 thing to do, though.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! That is what happened to one of my electraglides at one point. When I bought a new sensor the tech at the counter said it was a 'c' and that indicated a 3rd version of the part due to problems in the first two versions... I was pretty sure that I got a code off of that, though, and didn't get a code from the coil until it completely failed.

Back