free website stats program '03 Heritage electrical problem | Harley Davidson Forums

'03 Heritage electrical problem

bullcalf1

I was riding my '03 Heritage the other day & the speedometer, odometer, blinkers & passing lamps went out. Headlight, taillight & brake lights still worked, and it kept running (fuel injected model), but sounded "wrong" on deceleration and would die if I clutched it for a few seconds. A few miles down the road I hit a bump & everything came back on.

I know this could be a loose ground, loose hot side connection, broken/worn wire shorting out or a faulty termination and that it's likely on the upside of the ignition. I'd like to know if anyone has had this problem and hopefully some specific places to look for the problem.

Check fuses for integrity also. Years ago I had a similar problem on one of my Kaw's.

I was also riding my '03 Heritage and the speedometer, odometer, blinkers went out. The right front blinker stays always lit. Headlight, taillight & brake lights still worked, and it kept running (fuel injected model), but sounded "wrong" on deceleration and would die if I clutched it for a few seconds.

I did not hit a bump and have everything came back on. Please tell me if you found out what went wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back