03 fat boy seat advice!!! help

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by FOXX310, Aug 5, 2011.

1. FOXX310

FOXX310 New Member

fellow riders, I just purchased my first Harley, I believe i got a good deal at Mancuso Harley Davidson in Houston TX. 2003 fat boy 7,000 miles, with Mods $10,900. I've been hearing that the stock seat on this model is horrible, and quite frankly I don't like it much myself. I need advise on seat recommendations.

seat in mind is a Harley Davidson model (Bad Lander seat) does anybody know about this seat, and its comfort?

all advice appreciated, thank you, and safe riding out their!!
    REBEL JOE FOXX 20011!!!!
  2. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

You bought the bike there. At least they could let you try a seat before you buy it.
  3. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

I agree with Redfish-Joe, they should be willing to let you try whatever seats you want.

While the Badlander is a good looking seat, if you want to stay with HD seat the Sundowner Seat is probably better as far as comfort goes.

Sundowner Models | Harley-Davidson USA

Welcome to the forum!
  4. FOXX310

FOXX310 New Member

Lol..yeah, i didn't even bother to mention the seat i guess i started believing the seat (EDIT) after reading about it. I picked something up from your comment though, ride over their, look for that seat, and try it on
    thank you..

Please read this...
    A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
  5. FOXX310

FOXX310 New Member

Thanks.. Will look into
  6. R.Bingham

R.Bingham Active Member

I too have an 03 Fat Boy. I have both the stock seat as well as the Badlander. I actually like the stock seat better but with one difference, I use a Bead Rider seat pad.

BeadRider - Beaded Motorcycle Seats

It is amazing!!! It is more comfortable. It also allows air to flow under your bottom, which is very important here in Texas. I have had it now for almost 5 years. I have ridden as many as 700+ miles in one day with it. It is the best $40 i have ever spent on my bike.

Here are a couple of threads discussing them.
    Monkey Butt: Which Powder is the BEST? - Harley Davidson Community

Beads that go over your saddle. Which is cooler? - Harley Davidson Community

I hope that helps,
  7. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

First, congrats on the sweet FB - love those '03's - post up a pic sometime.

Second, three simple words for your seat - Mean City Cycles (Mean City Cycles - Custom Seat Modifications). Give Allen & his crew a call - they'll fix that seat problem @ 1/2 the price of new.
  8. abselite

abselite Member

I totally agree with the beadrider comment. I have a Corbin seat on my 05 Fatboy. I get monkey butt in the 1st 200 miles. I put a beadrider on it last year and love it. I just returned home (WA state) this past Monday from Costa Mesa, CA. I departed Costa Mesa at 4am and I pulled into my driveway at 1:53am. (1200+miles) I stopped for gas and a 20 minute food stop.

I was 100 comfortable.