free website stats program 03 Dyna low rider electrical demon | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

03 Dyna low rider electrical demon

I just got the old schematic for the data plug from another member. I think this will help me in getting the right data I need.
if you get anytime to send it would be appreciated.

thanks
Jim

Thanks to you Jeff as I was able to make my jumper wire and I believe I have the sequence of flashes down but not sure I understand what I'm seeing. Here it is?
Turn key on check engine light on for 4 seconds
Then rapidly flashes 6 times
In 1.5 seconds flashes once
A 2 second delay
Then 6 flashes times at a steady 1 second interval
Repeats 6 rapid flashes and goes through the same sequence?
Does this flash code mean anything to anyone?

Thanks
Jim

Makes more sense for sure. Mine is not quite following the sequence as in part 2c it says on for 4 seconds and off for 6 seconds. Mine is on for 4 seconds and immediately flashes 6 times then pauses about 1.5 then flashes once.
Then goes 6 steady flashes and repeats 6 fast flashes and back to the sequence.
I do believe it is narrowed down to either a 61 code loss of tsm/tssm serial data or a 16 code battery voltage either too high or low.

Thanks a lot for pointing this out Jack I'm an idiot when it comes to electrocal. I can tear apart a whole car or bike and reassemble but not sure which end of a light bulb to screw in!

Great news I found out my issue! It's the speedometer. Now for the bad news, it's the speedometer.
Looking for some input on where to turn. I've looked and called the Harley shops and the speedometer is just not available and while o like to stay with genuine parts I've checked aftermarket and they are not made at this time.
I want to keep the stock look so I contact a few shops looking for help on part numbers or what other type of bikes this particular speedometer was used on. I was told that the speedometer for the dynas and sportsters were the same from 95-03 but this does not line up to the part numbers I'm seeing.
My question is it shows my part number is 67025-99a the sportsters I see speedometers for are different numbers but look the same. Can anyone point me to where I can find the years and styles of bikes that align to mine and the part numbers that would interchange?
I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Back