free website stats program 02 sportster turn signals | Harley Davidson Forums

02 sportster turn signals

medic80scott

please help i have a 02 sportster 883 and the right side turn signals not working. the front will blink but weak and brake lights working but nothing on the rear and nothing on the handle bars left side is working fine

Start with the easy stuff first. See if new bulbs solve the problem. If not look at the sockets and clean them, coat the bulb end with a little dielectric grease. After that, the problem could be with the switch itself or the wires leading to it. I'm sure someone else will chime in with more advice.

As Russ said start with the bulbs and sockets. You may want to check the wire loom under the rear fender, wires have a tendency to crack and short out.

Do you have a light module installed to make turn signals running lights and brake lights along with brake light?

I am a wee bit confused by the problem as normally there would be 1 turn signal on the front right side and 1 on the rear right side the front may be on the handlebars or the front forks but not both from your post that the front right is flashing dimly but nothing on the handlebars would suggest you have 2 turn signals on the front
Normally if 1 turn signal bulb is dead then the other on that side would come on but not flash as the turn signal module would not have sufficient power drawn by 1 bulb to make it flash
There must be some modifications made from stock to give the results you are currently having without knowledge of the modifications from stock will make it difficult for the forum members to give you suitable advice on how to troubleshoot the problem
Any further information about any modifications would be very helpful

Brian

no mods have been to the bike as in lighting the blinker the the handlebars does not light up at all the right side. all brake lights working bulbs appear to be fine that was the first thing i checked and fuses good too .

I am a wee bit confused by the problem as normally there would be 1 turn signal on the front right side and 1 on the rear right side the front may be on the handlebars or the front forks but not both from your post that the front right is flashing dimly but nothing on the handlebars would suggest you have 2 turn signals on the front
Normally if 1 turn signal bulb is dead then the other on that side would come on but not flash as the turn signal module would not have sufficient power drawn by 1 bulb to make it flash
There must be some modifications made from stock to give the results you are currently having without knowledge of the modifications from stock will make it difficult for the forum members to give you suitable advice on how to troubleshoot the problem
Any further information about any modifications would be very helpful

Brian
your right the back right will not blink, right front seems to want to blink when to turn on the hazard lights. bulbs and fuses look good

Aim for bad contact in socket or loose wires where they go into socket.

Back