free website stats program 02 sensors | Harley Davidson Forums

02 sensors

houligan

I recently bought a 2005 softtail deuce it has a rhinhart exhaust and after market free flow air filter fuel injection motor my question is do I need these things called a fuel pack for the ecm because iv looked under the seat and this bike does not have one installed. will it hurt the motor to run it without one also this bike has no oxygen sensors on the exhaust I guess this year didn't have them. please any info would help thanks

o2 sensors weren't until '07 models. The ECM should of had a Stage 1 download to it with those Mods. The dealer is the only one to tell if it has had it. They have to hook up the Digital Tech. to it.
No you don't need a Fuel Pack if it has the Stage 1 download. I would suggest some type of a fueler for enriching it up a bit. Dobeck sells a heck of a product for this. Being a member on HDTimeline you get a discount or if you're military or former military.
Ypu can find them at EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft I would give them a call.Great product & excellent tech. help., easy install, no computer hook up.
tourbox

Yeah I'd have to 2nd what tourbox posted. I put Rush 1.75 slash cut slip ons, and the SE stage 1 air kit on my '12 FLSTC. Even after the dealer flashed the ecu, the bike ran hot 'n' way too lean. I was popping the exhaust between 2nd and 3rd, and sometimes between 3rd and 4th. Downshifting was pop-pop-pop. Sounded like a trucker. The dealer said it was normal and ok - not to be concerned blah blah blah. I knew better and added a Doebeck Gen 3. I've got O2 sensors on the bike, but the Gen 3 comes with bypass plugs that takes those sensors right out of the equation. The bike runs much better, and cooler. I didn't get a huge power increase, but it's much smother now, no popping at all, and pulls nicely through all 6 gears. I can roll on the throttle in 6th gear @ 65 and accelerate nicely. What makes the Doebeck nice is that if you add cams, you can easily change the settings on the efi to accommodate the change. That's my NEXT project......

Ride well, stay safe.

Back