free website stats program 02 Road King alarm siren battery replacement question | Harley Davidson Forums

02 Road King alarm siren battery replacement question

Planocat

My 02 FLHCRI alarm quit chirping upon activation/deactivation/motion when armed. I'm thinking since it is 8 years old, the battery in the siren probably needs replacement which looks pretty straight forward.

If I'm just replacing the 9volt in the siren box, do I need to disconnect the battery and pull the main fuse? Or, would having changed batteries and installing the pigtails for the tender a while back without doing anything to the alarm be the problem?

Having searched the forum gave me no answer and only confused me by stating that alarm siren #68328-02 (which was installed by the dealer in 2001)
isn't supposed to chirp! That's the part number on my work order/invoice and it chirped for over 8 years!:33:

Any help or advise will be much appreciated by this newbie to the forum.

does the your alarm still set and disarm when you walk up to it with your fob? if not, its the battery in your fob, if it does then this is what you need to do, dont worry about disconnecting the battery, with your fob near by, turn your igniton on, wait a second, and turn the key back off, and pull the maxi (main) fuse before the security system engages (lights flash), once you have replaced siren battery just put the fuse back in and turn on the bike. problem should be solved. good luck.

Thanks for the response Hooligan. Pretty discouraged as I just returned from the dealer where I had the 15k major, new rear tire, and the alarm siren and cruise control checked out.
$654 later and I still don't have a siren that chirps or a working cruise control. They swapped out to a new alarm and still no chirp. So they "think" it's something with the main alarm and not the siren. Additional diagnosis labor charge and they "might" be able to tell me for sure. (EDIT) it, I'll live without it.

Cruise control they "think" it might be the cable or switch. Neither of which they had in stock. If I bring it back, for an additional diagnosis charge, they "might" be able to tell me for sure. Gosh, I feel like I'm being treated by GM of the 80's where it's always your fault and no one else is having that problem! I know, I need to find a new dealer and service writer. My old one left about 6 months ago to enter the seminary. No wonder I could trust that guy - wonder if he "moonlights". LOL

Please read and understand the info in this link...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Planocat

Back