free website stats program 02 Electraglide classic oil passage Question | Harley Davidson Forums

02 Electraglide classic oil passage Question

glider

Veteran Member
Oil pump/lifter block alignment pins is what he was referring to.

22FinishedProduct_JPG.jpg

Are the lifter block alignment pins required on the early TC's? My '07 manual does not reference them, and there is an "anti rotation" block in the lifter block that aligns everything.
The alignment pins are not really precision items, and can be made with JB weld and bolts if you are a little handy.

As Glider points out, those tapered screws are used for aligning the oil pump and the lifter covers. On the EVO's it was very important to get the lifter blocks aligned since they contain the lifters. On the TCs, the lifters are in the case, and the lifter covers are just that - covers. But lining them up with the tapered screws helps avoid the pushrods knocking against the side of the pushrod tubes causing unwanted and annoying noise. The rest of the stuff that that guy told you is strictly babble from someone trying to use bovine scatology to compensate for what he does not know.

TQ

Well I finally removed the cam plate only to discover the new tensioners are wrong. Back to the dealership to try and get the correct ones. But thats okay because I took off the rear wheel for tire replacing and discovered the brake pads are almost worn out. Also a friend told me I need to replace the tube (spoked rims) every time because the tube gets creased. I see the crease and I don't see how it wouldn't develop a leak. He said I'd get about 200 miles and I'd be calling a wrecker. Anyone else agree?

If you are switching from the spring loaded tensioners to the hydraulic ones, you will need a different plate and pump.

TQ

when ever you change the tire and are using tubes always replace the tube and liner the tube chaffes inside the rim from getting warm from the heat from the tire and the tube actually moves inside the rim and cause's worn spots which can blow out. So for saftey sakes alway replace the tube and liner. Saving a few bucks now may result in a lifetime of pain or worse

Back