free website stats program 02 electra steering head nut size? | Harley Davidson Forums

02 electra steering head nut size?

Foxman

Hello all,
Just getting ready to re-assemble the rebuilt forks onto the 02' Electra and wanted to pick up the right size sockets to use a torque wrench to get the propper torque on the steering head stem nut, and fork cap nuts. I have already gotten the fork cap size (1-3/8), but haven't been able to find the stem nut size anywhere on-line. It looks a bit bigger than the fork cap size, but not positive. I took both off with a huge adjustable wrench, but am not relying on that method for re-installing...

Hello all,
Just getting ready to re-assemble the rebuilt forks onto the 02' Electra and wanted to pick up the right size sockets to use a torque wrench to get the propper torque on the steering head stem nut, and fork cap nuts. I have already gotten the fork cap size (1-3/8), but haven't been able to find the stem nut size anywhere on-line. It looks a bit bigger than the fork cap size, but not positive. I took both off with a huge adjustable wrench, but am not relying on that method for re-installing...

Try1 1/2:D

You know autozone has a rent a tool program. You leave a deposit on the tool and when you bring it back you get a full refund. How often are you going to use an 1-1/2 socket?
WAP.gif

Back