free website stats program 0141 Tank Mounting Recall 2009-2010 | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

0141 Tank Mounting Recall 2009-2010

went in monday. parts ARE plastic and takes about 15 min. having the 1k service and other stuff done. takes 2 days to get mobil 1 and redline shockproof for the trans. wonder what the shipping will be on this? should be ready tomorrow (wed.) (i hope).

Though I under the concern, hot engine spilled gas not a good combination. On the other hand an impact hard enough to drive forks into the tank my have worse consequences to be concerned about.
I know the MOCO has to cover their rear-end, but I don't feel the need to run to my dealer for this unless I happen to have my bike scheduled for something else.

got the bike back today. little black plastic tabs on the tank mounts. have a little cover over the bolt head. not obnoxious or gaudy. now, will it work?

Had the "fix" done on Tuesday. They didn't say anything about tfi under the seat. Took about 30 minutes.

Though I under the concern, hot engine spilled gas not a good combination. On the other hand an impact hard enough to drive forks into the tank my have worse consequences to be concerned about.
I know the MOCO has to cover their rear-end, but I don't feel the need to run to my dealer for this unless I happen to have my bike scheduled for something else.

My thoughts exactly. If I hit something hard enough to rupture the tank, I'm going to have more important things to worry about. I discussed this with the service manager at my local dealer and she agreed. She has ordered the parts and she will call me when they come in. In the meantime, I don't give it a second thought.

Just had mine replaced. Took a few days to get the parts in because Harley hadn't delivered enough initially. It was no cost to me and at the same time my dealer replaced the front tire, free of charge, because of the service bulletin on the Dunlop front tires. I had 9000 miles on the tire and really didn't notice a problem but the replaced it anyway.

On a sad note; An Arlington, TX. motor officer was in hot pursuit of an automobile two days ago when his bike came in contact with a school bus and he was killed instantly due to the impact. Motorists who were close by described his bike as a raging, fire ball when it hit the bus. The Arlington PD said although they were aware of the recall notice, the officers Harley which was involved in the crash and burn had not been altered yet. God rest his soul.

Recalls are important and circumstances cannot prevent all injuries or accidents, can only hope to mimize damage as much as poossible. Do try to have applicable SB, especially if safety related with scheduled service ASAP...! Thoughts and prayers to that officer' family and friends...

Back