free website stats program 0141 Tank Mounting Recall 2009-2010 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

0141 Tank Mounting Recall 2009-2010

Received my recall a couple of days ago. Plan on calling dealer tomorrow and setting up time to get it done.

My local dealer that I puchased my 09 Ultra from isn't waiting for the owners to get the recall letter. They have the list and the service manager is personnally calling everyone on the list and setting up appointment. I am scheduled to go in Saturday morning @ 0830. It sounds like they have a tech assigned the task of taking care of the work. A buddy of mine got his 2010 RK Standard done 1 1/2 weeks ago (same dealer) he said he was there a total of 20 min.

My local dealer that I puchased my 09 Ultra from isn't waiting for the owners to get the recall letter. They have the list and the service manager is personnally calling everyone on the list and setting up appointment. I am scheduled to go in Saturday morning @ 0830. It sounds like they have a tech assigned the task of taking care of the work. A buddy of mine got his 2010 RK Standard done 1 1/2 weeks ago (same dealer) he said he was there a total of 20 min.

good to hear about a "stand-up" dealer doing the way it SHOULD be done!!

Got my letter last week and hope it doesn't take too long to do. Glad to hear some dealers are proactive, sadly mine wasn't.

Got my letter the day after Christmas, but I received news that my uncle had died and never had a chance to open it. Hopefully I'll be able to get it in and out by thursday.

Anyone get the tank recall done that also has a tuner? I've got my TFI mounted under my seat and I'd assume they are gonna pop off the seat to unbolt the tank bolts. Just curious if your sevice tech said anything about your tuner/mods and warranty issue.

I saw pics of the parts on another site and it does look like plastic (which I hope is hidden once it's all installed).

Ride safe and have fun!

Back