free website stats program 0141 Tank Mounting Recall 2009-2010 | Harley Davidson Forums

0141 Tank Mounting Recall 2009-2010

dakota_dj

There are one or more open safety recalls or product improvement campaigns on your vehicle. The following list contains the campaign number and a brief description:
Recall Notice: 0141: '09-'10 TOURING FRT FL/TNK MTS

We strongly urge you to take your motorcycle to your dealer to have the appropriate service performed as soon as possible. Should you choose to ride your motorcycle prior to this service, we urge you to be aware of this condition. Some product campaigns may have expired and you may have to pay for the service. Please see your local Harley-Davidson dealer for further details.

Found this recall when I went to the H-D web site to check the service about my 2009 Ultra.

Tim

yeah, i saw that too.
i'm confused about how a safety recall issue is something that i "may" have to pay for ...??
why would that be?

I just got off the phone with my dealer. They got the recall yesterday and expect the first kits to arrive in 10-14 business days.

Glider's link says.."and credit procedure". So either the credit process is for the dealer's cost or we pay the dealer and HD sends us a check in return. Between a possible new front tire and this... the dealer will have fun at my next service.

Took my Electra Glide in to the dealer for the tire recall and they said it would be two weeks before new tire would be in as they where on back order. As I was looking at all the new add ons in the parts area, my service guy "Brooklyn Bob" came up and said if I had an hour they would replace the tire right then as they where unloading them from the truck. I gotta tell you the dealer I take my bike to is really good about customer service. For those of you who are interested it is Baymedows Ademac HD. This family owns 3 dealerships around town, each run by a diffrent member of the family from my understanding. This is the best of them all. The have a sense of genuine concern to ensure the customer is treated right, a hard thing to find in this day and age.

received my recall today. the letter is dated the 18th and was post marked the 21st.
the letter states "parts and labor will be free of charge to you"

Mark

Back