free website stats program 0122 dtc | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

0122 dtc

Extra important info you need to know.

You will find that the ECM connector is male pins on the ECM side and female sockets on the wiring harness side. The male pins are part of a complete connector and not available individually.
Therefore you must make your own.

The pins used on that Delphi connector are exactly .040" in diameter. Go to a Hobby shop and buy a length of solid Brass rod that is .040". Make up a few test leads like the attachment shows. Slightly round off the leading edge of probe tip so it enters the receptacle without scraping. You don't want a sharp edge scraping off the gold plating inside the female connector of the wiring harness.

Test leads like these are a must to have. Don't leave home without them. :)

The pins and sockets on all the end devices (injectors, map sensor, TPS, etc) are different and are available from the dealership. The ECM female connectors are at the dealership also,, it's just the male side that are not.

Attachments

• ECM Pins 001.jpg
    ECM Pins 001.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 37
  • ECM Pins 002.jpg
    ECM Pins 002.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 39
  • ECM Pins 007.jpg
    ECM Pins 007.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 37
I'm handicapped when it comes to electrical stuff. I can follow directions well (20 years military), but sometimes I don't see things in my head when it comes to electrical. How do I affix the .040 brass rod to the leads?

Can't find brass rod in .040 size. Every site I checked only has fractional sizes. Is there a close equivalent that will do as well?

Thank you Glider. I looked at a number of web sites trying to find a conversion but I was not able to get to the right place. I'm going to make those leads up but I have noticed that the code cleared itself. It hasn't showed up after a half a dozen rides today. If it does not come back should I still do the testing?

If it's a historic code, I wouldn't worry about it but if it comes back as a current code with the light lit after start up ,then chase it down.

Back