free website stats program '01 seems to bottom out | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

'01 seems to bottom out

If you're serious about this bike , bring up your concerns to the seller and have them remedy the problem before even considering the bike which would include a new pair of shocks if it's bottoming out. Don't let them sell you something by just adding air to the shocks and washing the bike.

I agree that it's most probably the air shocks at very low or zero pressure. Parts of the system would be repairable, but if it's the shocks themselves I'd want them replaced.
If you're interested in this bike tell the dealer your concerns and have the problem diagnosed. As part of the deal you should have the repair guaranteed by the dealer. Selling a bike with a malfunctioning suspension is a blatant safety issue. I'd wonder what else they missed.
There are plenty of Road Kings out there, especially this time of year. Maybe it's time to look at a different Road King at a different dealer.

I agree that it's most probably the air shocks at very low or zero pressure. Parts of the system would be repairable, but if it's the shocks themselves I'd want them replaced.
If you're interested in this bike tell the dealer your concerns and have the problem diagnosed. As part of the deal you should have the repair guaranteed by the dealer. Selling a bike with a malfunctioning suspension is a blatant safety issue. I'd wonder what else they missed.
There are plenty of Road Kings out there, especially this time of year. Maybe it's time to look at a different Road King at a different dealer.

I agree completely. Given some patience, I'll bet you can find a nicer RK with lower mileage, probably newer for the same or less money. IMO the dealer is way to high on used bikes and (everything else). I know some say you get peace of mind when purchasing from a dealer but I guess it depends on the dealer. If they are trying to push a bike with bad shocks then its the wrong dealer IMO.

If this is a dealer have them PDI the bike if you are still thinking about buying it, Have them give you a copy of what they checked it may give you some wiggle room on the price, if not find another dealer that is HONEST JMO:s

If this is a dealer have them PDI the bike if you are still thinking about buying it, Have them give you a copy of what they checked it may give you some wiggle room on the price, if not find another dealer that is HONEST JMO:s

Got to the dealership, and they had already sent it back to be checked over.
Shocks held fine, no problems......I asked for another test ride.
Took it to an HD mechanic I've known for awhile. He went over it, and found
no reason not to buy. So I did.

Thanks for all the help, and suggestions.

DW

Back