free website stats program 01 FLSTFI Dies | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

01 FLSTFI Dies

Cleaned the IAC with maf sensor cleaner. What's the sensor inside on the left, rear, side of the throttle body? Can it be cleaned without messing it up? Looks like a couple of fine wires with a ball on the end sticking out of the throttle body.

I think that would be your TPS Throttle POS Sensor. I'll have to check my manual, don't have it on the ship with me. Did cleaning help your idle??

Did cleaning help your idle??

I didn't get a chance to REALLY get out and ride. Only got in a few starts and stops. The times that I did....YES AND THANK YOU ALL. I made a couple of stops where I pulled the clutch and let it idle down from about 55 mph as I was coming to a stop. This is when it seemed to die the most. If it doesn't rain this afternoon I'm going back out to put it to the test. Still waitin for that book.

When I cleaned up inside the iac a lot of black junk came out. When I looked into the throttle body there are two ports on top. I shot the cleaner into the first one and I could see spray coming through the other one too. I'm wondering if there is/was too much oil on the air filter and it clogged up some things.

Well I just got in from a nice long ride. Lots of stopping and it never missed a lick. Can't say thanks enough.

That's great news, glad you got it fixed up. There's plenty of folks on this site that have that same feeling. :s

Now it's off to the dyno and re-tune the powercommander since there's 1150 miles on the new motor.

Back