free website stats program 01 FLSTFI Dies | Harley Davidson Forums

01 FLSTFI Dies

90FXRS

Contributor
Just inherited an 01 Fatboy EFI. Motor has been rebuilt. Axtell jugs, pistons and rods. Screamin' Eagle heads with a White Brothers 2 into 1 pipe. Dynojet Powercommander iiir. Cams are gear-driven. Throttle-body is by Horsepower INC. Bike runs well. About a 1000 miles on the rebuild. The issue is that when I come to a stop it will die sometimes. Seems like I have to keep the rpms up to keep it going. Changed the plugs, wires and cleaned the air filter. I'm new to the fuel-injection thing....yes I'm a carb-baby. The ECM is a stock one, part number 32772-01. The map in it does not match any available for the bike according to an HD dealer, had it hooked up to see if there are any errors.

Anyone have any idea where to start to fix the issue?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Thanks. I searched the web for ias and it came back with suspension links. I take a regular carb cleaner will work?

NO!! Use Mass Airflow sensor cleaner. Put a rag in your throttle body. After you remove your air filter look inside, at the top you will see a small indent, spray your cleaner in there, Also, check your breather bolts, remove those and clean

NO!! Use Mass Airflow sensor cleaner. Put a rag in your throttle body. After you remove your air filter look inside, at the top you will see a small indent, spray your cleaner in there, Also, check your breather bolts, remove those and clean

And wait til all the cleaner has dried before starting the engine. It may sputter a bit but should blear out quick:D

MAF sensor spray.......got a big can of that. I noticed the head breather bolts were a little loose last night.....snugged them up, are these the breather bolts you're talking about? The hose that goes to the head breathers needs a clamp. I grabbed one from work and will be putting it on tonight.

Saw the link about the corrugated hoses but haven't looked at that yet. I was wanting to avoid that until the tank has a little less fuel in it. Filled the tank and put some cleaner in it. Going to let it run through first.

This bike runs like a ape but just doesn't like coming to an idle.

MAF sensor spray.......got a big can of that. I noticed the head breather bolts were a little loose last night.....snugged them up, are these the breather bolts you're talking about? The hose that goes to the head breathers needs a clamp. I grabbed one from work and will be putting it on tonight.

Saw the link about the corrugated hoses but haven't looked at that yet. I was wanting to avoid that until the tank has a little less fuel in it. Filled the tank and put some cleaner in it. Going to let it run through first.

This bike runs like a ape but just doesn't like coming to an idle.

If it is the corregated tubes in the tank, it will get worse once the fuel gets low and will happen at high rpms too.

TQ

Last edited:
Back