free website stats program 007 Dyna Low Rider | Harley Davidson Forums

007 Dyna Low Rider

dyna 007

My 007 Dyna starts great and seems to run great at times. but every now and then it acts up, the idle slows way down at a stop sign and sometimes stalls. It back fires when gearing down and runs flat. I know it;s running lean,but the engine light never comes on, does any buddy have the same problem, it;s not all the time.

Last edited:
Problem with engine back firing and sometimes stalling at stop sign It's a fuel problem. Engine light does not come on at all. Does any buddy have that problem or know what it is.

What do you mean by "engine light does not come on at all"? Even with just the key on - no light?

Still check for trouble codes:

04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation - Harley Davidson Community

If no historic codes, check for leaks on the intake side. Spray WD40 on the intake piping when the bike has just been started (fairly cold). BE CAREFUL - FLAMMABLE. You are checking for an intake leak, so if the engine breaths in the WD40 you will tell.

If no intake leaks, try wiggling the wires to the injectors about an inch or so from the plugs.

Let us know what you find.

TQ

My 007 Dyna starts great and seems to run great at times. but every now and then it acts up, the idle slows way down at a stop sign and sometimes stalls. It back fires when gearing down and runs flat. I know it;s running lean,but the engine light never comes on, does any buddy have the same problem, it;s not all the time.

Got to thinking about this some. Does this happen when the gas tank is at or below 1/2 full? Do you know if the fuel pump is inside the tank?

TQ

Back