Harley Davidson Forums

Loading


Hello

Guest

Welcome to the harley davidson forum. Join our discussion today for FREE!

CREATE ACCOUNT

Membership Benefits

Get your questions answered by harley davidson community gurus and industry experts. Exchange your experience with another members. Access full features forum. Get a members discounts for your harley parts & accessories.

ss 80 cubic - 1340cc - Torque Specs

General Harley Davidson Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 07:49 PM     #1
New Family
Ride: 2001 Chief
 
Join Date: Dec 12th, 2012
Posts: 3
asesinocharismo is an unknown quantity at this point
ss 80 cubic - 1340cc - Torque Specs

Got an SS Evo 80 Cubic, 1340cc Engine we are putting back togather and we are having questions on torque. The top rocker box was 4 bolts on the top - What are they to be torqued to? Ive looked online for days and went through the guide that came with the bike but I havent found any numbers to work with.

Any suggestions?
asesinocharismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2012, 10:27 PM     #2
Contributor
Ride: 2007 Streetbob
 
Jack Klarich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 25th, 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 16,515
My Mood: My Mood
Jack Klarich has a spectacular aura aboutJack Klarich has a spectacular aura about
Re: ss 80 cubic - 1340cc - Torque Specs

Quote: Originally Posted by asesinocharismo View Post
Got an SS Evo 80 Cubic, 1340cc Engine we are putting back togather and we are having questions on torque. The top rocker box was 4 bolts on the top - What are they to be torqued to? Ive looked online for days and went through the guide that came with the bike but I havent found any numbers to work with.

Any suggestions?

Front cylinder: LS middle, RS Middle, LS rear,RS front,LS front, RS rear
Rear cylinder: LS middle, RS middle,LS front,RS rear, LS rear,RS front
15-18 ft./lbs
__________________
CAPITAL JACK( Nuff Said, We're Burnin Daylight, Let's Ride)
Jack Klarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 12:07 AM     #3
New Family
Ride: 2001 Chief
 
Join Date: Dec 12th, 2012
Posts: 3
asesinocharismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ss 80 cubic - 1340cc - Torque Specs

Quote: Originally Posted by Jack Klarich View Post
Front cylinder: LS middle, RS Middle, LS rear,RS front,LS front, RS rear
Rear cylinder: LS middle, RS middle,LS front,RS rear, LS rear,RS front
15-18 ft./lbs
and the very very top plate on the engine has four bolts - any specs on these?
asesinocharismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 02:47 PM     #4
Contributor
Ride: 2007 Streetbob
 
Jack Klarich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 25th, 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 16,515
My Mood: My Mood
Jack Klarich has a spectacular aura aboutJack Klarich has a spectacular aura about
Re: ss 80 cubic - 1340cc - Torque Specs

Quote: Originally Posted by asesinocharismo View Post
and the very very top plate on the engine has four bolts - any specs on these?


Slowly snug lower rocker box fasteners in small increments using cross pattern. 5/16 bolts torque to 15-18 ft lbs 1/4 bolts torque to 10-13 ft lbs
__________________
CAPITAL JACK( Nuff Said, We're Burnin Daylight, Let's Ride)
Jack Klarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 06:04 PM     #5
New Family
Ride: 2001 Chief
 
Join Date: Dec 12th, 2012
Posts: 3
asesinocharismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ss 80 cubic - 1340cc - Torque Specs

Quote: Originally Posted by Jack Klarich View Post
Slowly snug lower rocker box fasteners in small increments using cross pattern. 5/16 bolts torque to 15-18 ft lbs 1/4 bolts torque to 10-13 ft lbs
Thank you to both folks who helped me out!
asesinocharismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Torque Specs chrisdeuce00 Other Service and Maintenance 7 Sep 6th, 2011 01:54 AM
torque specs jinxed Softail Models 2 Jul 9th, 2011 10:40 AM
Torque Specs justmewhoelse Softail Models 8 Mar 31st, 2010 05:04 PM
Torque specs BOWHIKER Softail Models 16 Mar 31st, 2010 09:41 AM
Torque Specs Animal General Harley Davidson Topic 0 Jul 24th, 2008 03:33 PM