Harley Davidson Forums

Loading


Hello

Guest

Welcome to the harley davidson forum. Join our discussion today for FREE!

CREATE ACCOUNT

Membership Benefits

Get your questions answered by harley davidson community gurus and industry experts. Exchange your experience with another members. Access full features forum. Get a members discounts for your harley parts & accessories.

2007 stator/alternator

Electrical

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 10:47 AM     #1
New Family
Ride: 2007 heritage
 
Join Date: Jul 14th, 2009
Location: North Adams,Ma
Posts: 7
My Mood: My Mood
frang413 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 2007 stator/alternator

i bought a new Odyssey battery for my 07 heritage.according to the manual with the battery that unless the bike has a minimum 3-phase 40amp system the battery could go dead after riding about 150 miles.does anyone know what the charging system is on a 2007 heritage v-twin.the dealer where i bought the bike couldn't tell me.
frang413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 11:39 AM     #2
New Family
Ride: flht
 
Join Date: Mar 2nd, 2010
Posts: 3
95bagger is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2007 stator/alternator

Just buy the Harley battery...it's far superior. I gave away the last Odyssey battery that I had.

Last edited by glider; Mar 12th, 2010 at 08:34 AM. Reason: remove bold type
95bagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 11:59 AM     #3
Community Guru Wannabe
Ride: 1995 FLHTC
 
Join Date: Oct 14th, 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 923
My Mood: My Mood
dangerdan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2007 stator/alternator

My Oddesy is 2 years old and never had a problem. IMO The Oddesy has more cranking reserve than HD battery.
dangerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 12:23 PM     #4
New Family
Ride: 2007 heritage
 
Join Date: Jul 14th, 2009
Location: North Adams,Ma
Posts: 7
My Mood: My Mood
frang413 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2007 stator/alternator

Quote: Originally Posted by dangerdan View Post
My Oddesy is 2 years old and never had a problem. IMO The Oddesy has more cranking reserve than HD battery.
Yup i know they have more reserve than the H-D batteries.That's one reason why i bought it.The only problem i guess is the big v-twins use more power for running and if your charging system is to small it won't charge the battery while it's running.the one i bought is the pc545mj(military rated) and requires the 40amp system.the older Harleys ran either a 32 or 38 amp system.from i've been able to find out some 2007 went to the 40 amp system but i'm not sure about my bike.been on 3 different forums and still can't find out what system a 07 heritage uses.
frang413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 01:56 PM     #5
Contributor
Ride: FLHR 09/103"
 
BUBBIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 15th, 2008
Location: AZ, S.East corner/Western WA.
Posts: 4,446
My Mood: My Mood
BUBBIE has a spectacular aura aboutBUBBIE has a spectacular aura about
Re: 2007 stator/alternator

Quote: Originally Posted by frang413 View Post
Yup i know they have more reserve than the H-D batteries.That's one reason why i bought it.The only problem i guess is the big v-twins use more power for running and if your charging system is to small it won't charge the battery while it's running.the one i bought is the pc545mj(military rated) and requires the 40amp system.the older Harleys ran either a 32 or 38 amp system.from i've been able to find out some 2007 went to the 40 amp system but i'm not sure about my bike.been on 3 different forums and still can't find out what system a 07 heritage uses.
WHY NOT CALL YOUR LOCAL HARLEY SHOP AND ASK THEM........ THEY SHOULD KNOW!

signed....BUBBIE
BUBBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 02:55 PM     #6
New Family
Ride: 2007 heritage
 
Join Date: Jul 14th, 2009
Location: North Adams,Ma
Posts: 7
My Mood: My Mood
frang413 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2007 stator/alternator

Quote: Originally Posted by BUBBIE View Post
WHY NOT CALL YOUR LOCAL HARLEY SHOP AND ASK THEM........ THEY SHOULD KNOW!

signed....BUBBIE
i did. they didn't know
frang413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 03:33 PM     #7
Community Guru Wannabe
Ride: 1968 Harley Chopper
 
Chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 24th, 2008
Location: Idaho, USA
Posts: 1,651
Chopper is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2007 stator/alternator

Quote: Originally Posted by frang413 View Post
i did. they didn't know
All they have to do is look in a 07 parts book at the stator, duhhh, I had a local hog member call me yesterday because he called our local dealer and between the service manager, service writer and their lead tech they could not tell him how to put his ign switch back in his glide, it took less then a mimute on the phone and he was up and running when he called me, why are they called dealerships????? Well I know the 07 touring bikes have a 3-phase 50 amp stator so I'm sure even on a softail you're safe running that battery, I have freinds that tried the high out put aftermarket batteries because most of them have high output 100+ engines and you know what, most of them have went back to running factory Harley batteries.
__________________
Hollow Points - For Those Who Care Enough to Send the Very Best
Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 04:20 PM     #8
Contributor
Ride: 2007 Electra Glide Classic
 
Breeze3at's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 18th, 2009
Location: Warner Robins, GA
Posts: 3,971
My Mood: My Mood
Breeze3at has a spectacular aura aboutBreeze3at has a spectacular aura about
Re: 2007 stator/alternator

Quote: Originally Posted by frang413 View Post
i bought a new Odyssey battery for my 07 heritage.according to the manual with the battery that unless the bike has a minimum 3-phase 40amp system the battery could go dead after riding about 150 miles.does anyone know what the charging system is on a 2007 heritage v-twin.the dealer where i bought the bike couldn't tell me.
Frang; According to my posted link, it's a 3 phase 38 amp system. I do not know the accuracy of thier info. Hope it helps. Next time you're in that dealership, tell them if there is anything THEY want to know about Harleys, you will find out for them HERE! (at least we try)
2007 Harley-Davidson FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
__________________
Pete / Breeze .380
_________________________________________
I don't ride fast, but I will ride far.
Breeze3at is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 04:50 PM     #9
Contributor
Ride: FLHR 09/103"
 
BUBBIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 15th, 2008
Location: AZ, S.East corner/Western WA.
Posts: 4,446
My Mood: My Mood
BUBBIE has a spectacular aura aboutBUBBIE has a spectacular aura about
Re: 2007 stator/alternator

Quote: Originally Posted by Breeze3at View Post
Frang; According to my posted link, it's a 3 phase 38 amp system. I do not know the accuracy of thier info. Hope it helps. Next time you're in that dealership, tell them if there is anything THEY want to know about Harleys, you will find out for them HERE! (at least we try)
2007 Harley-Davidson FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
I GOOGLED "AMPS ON 2007 SOFTAIL HARLEY"

3 PHASE 38 AMPS WAS THE ANSWER SO IT MUST BE....

signed....BUBBIE
BUBBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:12 PM     #10
New Family
Ride: 2007 heritage
 
Join Date: Jul 14th, 2009
Location: North Adams,Ma
Posts: 7
My Mood: My Mood
frang413 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2007 stator/alternator

Quote: Originally Posted by BUBBIE View Post
I GOOGLED "AMPS ON 2007 SOFTAIL HARLEY"

3 PHASE 38 AMPS WAS THE ANSWER SO IT MUST BE....

signed....BUBBIE
yup i just found a site that says that too.guess if you have a bike question the dealer is not the place to go.the guy at the on-line store(BatteryStuff.com) says it's a direct replacement for the Harley battery and will work fine in the 07 heritage.
frang413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
alternator or regulator? piratesson Sportster Models 5 Dec 22nd, 2010 02:08 PM
Bike run on alternator once started Java Softail Models 5 Dec 28th, 2009 03:24 AM
alternator output coszam Softail Models 5 Sep 27th, 2009 09:58 PM
alternator/regulator identification luvsthewest Other Service and Maintenance 0 Aug 19th, 2009 10:22 PM
Higher Output Alternator glider. Electrical and Lighting Systems 0 Jan 12th, 2008 06:03 PM